GCSE Chemistry revision notes made for the OCR exam boards. This covers all the topics and modules for all specifications including J248 A (9-1), J258 B (9-1).
Topics that are covered include C1: Particles; C2: Elements, Compounds and Mixtures; C3: Chemical Reactions; C4: Predicting and Identifying Reactions and Products; C5: Monitoring and Controlling Chemical Reactions; C6: Global Challenges; and C7: Practical Skills.
C1: Particles Revision Notes:
- C1.1 Which chemicals make up air, and which ones are pollutants? How do I make sense of data about air pollution?
- C1.2 What chemical reactions produce air pollutants? What happens to these pollutants in the atmosphere?
- C1.3 What choices can we make personally, locally, nationally or globally to improve air quality?
C2: Elements, Compounds and Mixtures Revision Notes:
- C2.1 How do we measure the properties of materials and why are the results useful?
- C2.2 Why is crude oil important as a source of new materials such as plastics and fibres?
- C2.3 Why does it help to know about the molecular structure of materials such as plastics and fibres?
- C2.4 What is nanotechnology and why is it important?
C3: Chemical Reactions Revision Notes:
- C3.1 What were the origins of minerals in Britain that contributes to our economic wealth?
- C3.2 Where does salt come from and why is it so important?
- C3.3 Why do we need chemicals such as alkalis and chlorine and how do we make them?
- C3.4 What can we do to make our use of chemicals safe and sustainable?
C4: Predicting and Identifying Reactions and Products Revision Notes:
- C4.1 What are the patterns in the properties of elements
- C4.2 How do chemists explain the patterns in the properties of elements?
C5: Monitoring and Controlling Chemical Reactions Revision Notes:
- C5.1 What types of chemicals make up the atmosphere?
- C5.2 What reactions happen in the hydrosphere?
- C5.3 What types of chemicals make up the Earth’s lithosphere?
- C5.4 How can we extract useful materials from minerals?
C6: Global Challenges Revision Notes:
- C6.1 Chemicals and why we need them
- C6.2 Planning, carrying out and controlling a chemical synthesis
C7: Practical Skills Revision Notes: